Saturday, January 14, 2017

A New Year

Happy New Year! I am so excited to see what this year has in store! 2016 was a great year for my blog. I've grown so much and have created my own little community. It has been an honor to blog for all of you this past year.


2016 saw great accomplishments for my blog.
  • In the Wizard101 February Newsletter, I received my first mention; and now I am mentioned often
  • I am mentioned often in the Community Newsletter
  • In April, I received the honor of hosting my own event in the Fansite Festival
  • On July 1st, my blog turned a year old! 
  • I have achieved many of my goals since last year
  • Lastly, I believe I have made some great friends, both in blogging/social media and in the game
Not only has my blog accomplished stuff, but also other blogs! I am so excited about the amount of new & active blogs that have surfaced in the past year. I am so proud of all of you who have stuck with it! If there is anyone out there who is reading this and is wondering if they should start a blog, let me be the person to give you a nudge. Blogging has rewarded me with so many things! Give blogging a try. Share your knowledge with the community. Chronicle your journey through the Spiral! It is definitely worth your time.

Plenty of existing blogs hit important milestones this year as well! Congratulations to those bloggers! Interested in what others in the community have to say? Scroll through my blogroll! For an even more extensive list of Spiral Blogs, check out the The Spiral Directory and the original The Wizard101 Directory.

2017 is the year for repetition in my blog. I want to continue doing what I have been doing. Again, I don't think I will be buying my domain for numerous reasons apart from the cost. I will continue doing Spiral History and all other posts. This year is promising in that I am looking to build another solid base for my blog.

This year is for growth. Growth in my blog. Growth in my characters. But it is mostly for growth in who I am. I need to grow in my contributions to this community, but also my contributions in real life. I realize my lack of posting may be disappointing, but I cannot equally pay attention to both this blog, school, sports, getting a job and my considerably low rate of reading books. I am in no way ending the active status of this blog, I am merely informing you of the cause of the shortage of posts. I will try to post at least twice a month and hopefully more when I am not busy.

I hope this year is a great success. I hope my posts get better and even more informative. I hope I can figure out the comment issues with Disqus. But most of all, I hope you enjoy the content that this blog will bring you this year!

Wishing you a successful 2017,
Cheyenne Caster, Nordic Champion

No comments :

Post a Comment